Saturday, September 14, 2013

Day 28: Sweet and Sour

So when life hands you lemons, you.....make a bunch of different things.  In this case it wasn't life handing them to me.  I bought them at the store.  Either way, I wanted to use up my lemons today so I ended up making a bunch of different things.  First, for supper I found salmon fillets in the freezer so bbq'd up some lemon and dill salmon!  Absolutely freaking delicious!  I paired my salmon with purple sweet potatoes...the kind I used to eat in Korea!  These are actual sweet potatoes, whereas the Canadian sweet potatoes are really just yams.  I found the purple ones at the Asian Market on South Pembina.  They are suuuuper delicious and like a sugary potato.  I tossed those in tinfoil onto the barbecue with some vegetable seasoning and I ate them like candy!



Then I wanted to make some homemade lemonade, so I peeled 2 lemons and then tossed them into the juicer.  It made about 1/4 of juice which is more than sufficient because even with about 3 cups of water it was still quite sour (even after adding the agave syrup!)
Despite the tartness, it was quite refreshing!  Then I had a bit of pulp from the lemons and I didn't want to waste that zesty flavor so I tracked down this cool vegan lemon melt-ball recipe!  They are super delicious.  Check out the recipe here. I got creative and tossed an almond on top!


They make a super good treat and great sweet fix without all the crap!  Yippee for that!  So, I managed to take something extremely sour and make it into something deliciously sweet.
As for my exercise today I practiced my ballet at home and then had to utilize some maneuvers for my photo project so I definitely worked the muscles today!  I am loving ballet, I can feel my posture improving immediately!  
 
I love feeling strong and now that I am into ballet I am going to start heading to the gym a few times a week to build up my strength so that will be good for me!
Ooh! In other news, my naturopathic appointment got moved up to Tuesday (I wasn't supposed to go until November which is why I started this project in the first place!) so it will be interesting to hear what they have to say.  I filled out my little form and compared to some people I'm pretty healthy, its just the stupid hormones.  Anyhow, it will be good if they can suggest some things that will make that part of my life a bit easier.

Date: September 14, 2013!
Current weight: 239
Goal for the day:  ballet practice
What is your plan for food today?
Breakfast: oatmeal, vanilla protein powder, 2 tbsp of pb
Lunch: eggs with laughing cow cheese
Snack: Peach Cookies (I sent the rest to work with Ryan so I wouldn't eat them), almonds
Supper: Salmon fillets and sweet potatoes
snack: Lemon Melt-away Balls 
Planned water intake: 108 oz (5 water bottles full)


No comments:

Post a Comment