Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 20: Walk 'Til You Drop

This is an awesome quote that is 100% true.  This morning I woke up and had to head over to my momma's house to switch vehicles for the market tomorrow, so I grabbed a banana and booked it over there.  Once there, I did pass up the delicious muffins sitting on the counter and tossed back a cup of coffee, then played with the babies for a bit (she is babysitting this weekend).



 Lunch was absolutely fantastic, but then again, Momma never disappoints.  She made a delicious salad with homemade dressing (herbs straight out her little urban garden!) and then we had pasta with turkey meatballs.  Delicious!




After that, I headed downtown as I had a photo shoot in St. Boniface and if anyone stepped outside their air conditioned homes/offices, you would have felt the immense humidity that slapped you in the face.  I was melting just from driving and when I got to my location I had about 2 hours to kill so I decided to scout for locations and then walk around St. Boniface (I haven't really been there before).  It was literally like being in a different city...or at least that is how I treated it.  Your hometown/city becomes suddenly more exciting when you try to imagine it through a tourist's eyes.  Anyhow, during my little jaunt around town I needed to use the bathroom so I found my way to St. Boniface University (college...whatever it is) and navigated myself around the building for about half an hour looking for the loo.  I found it, but it was kind of funny that I got lost mostly because I don't speak French.  The whole point of this story is that I got my exercise in today and then some!  Yay me!



Tonight I was a bit bad when it came to making dinner as I had to fill the car up for the market tomorrow morning and kept procrastinating the dinner making process.  So I whipped up some oatmeal, protein powder, and peanut butter, ate a handful of almonds, and drank a ton of water.  Since that, I have started making my quinoa/sweet potato chili as I want to make sure that I have food for us tomorrow at the market, so I shan't be tempted by the many delicious food trucks/bakers/etc.  I hope tomorrow isn't as hot as it was today.

Date: September 6, 2013!

Current weight: 240

Goal for the day: go for a 30 minute walk! (or 1 hour....)

What is your plan for food today?

B: banana (sad breakfast)

L: mommy meal
S: almonds

Su: oatmeal, pb, and protein powder

Planned water intake: 108 oz (5 water bottles full)

No comments:

Post a Comment