Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day 26: Muffin Top

G'day again!  Yesterday I accomplished quite a bit of baking and creating which was a ton of fun for me.  I got the most use out of my muffin tin than I have ever used before.  I made what was supposed to be carrot muffins with coconut flour.....they were so dry and pasty.  Ugh.  so bad.  I threw them out this morning after attempting to swallow a bite.  It was literally like chewing on chalk...ugh, with a side of yuck.

After that I had to redeem myself in the kitchen, so I set about to making these little beauties that I call "Taco Smashers."  Essentially it is everything that would go into a taco (aside from the lettuce, but you could do that too) formed into little meat muffins.  The recipe is below but all I can say is that they are SUPER addicting haha.  They are delicious and portable (YAY! I am working the market today!)  I had mine with a side of cottage cheese (instead of sour cream) and it was so good.


I was quite pleased with these little beauties because I was able to take them to the market today when I was helping my sister!  That way I could dismiss the sweet goodies that lay before me, their bright sugar crystals glistening in the sun.  


I managed to get by with 1 cookie (I tasted a new flavor!) and chomped the rest of the day through with gluten free bars from the lady that was at the last market, vegan cupcakes from VegOut. 

 Seriously, these cupcakes are absolutely amazing and Lindsey is super nice to chat with! She told me that she had not only lost 25lbs by going vegan, but also that she just felt better.  How awesome!  I told her that at the moment I don't think I could cut out meat completely, but considering all the crap that goes into our meat supplies, it may not be such a horrible idea (perhaps a 30 day project for next month!).
Also.  Today was my first day donning my leotard and tights in my ballet class.  It was refreshing to see that I was not the only beginner, yay! and the class came with a variety of sizes and shapes which is totally awesome!  At first I was super self conscious about my body in the leotard and then once we started going I could care less as I was just trying to focus on the positions and moves.  I have to say, this is one of THE best things I have ever done in my life.  It feels right, and I don't think that can be wrong.  There were 1000 reasons floating through my mind why I shouldn't, but then I realized that that was stupid.  I have wanted to take ballet since I was 4 and was told I was too fat by a relative.  I'm thinking of sending her a private invite to the recital at the end of the year ;). 


This is my instructor.  She's petite but tough, hahaha!

So yes, do not be afraid of achieving something that may seem silly to you.  Your life is short so you should never do anything for the fear of embarrassment or being bad at something.  Take a chance, I can guarantee that just by taking that action you will feel amazing!
 
Date: September 12, 2013!
Current weight: 240

Goal for the day:  ballet and market working
What is your plan for food today? 
breakfast: cottage cheese with walnuts and cinnamon
lunch: Taco Smash Bits, lots of fruit and veg
snack: vegan cupcakes
supper: half a duck confit sandwich with sweet potato fries

Planned water intake: 108 oz (5 water bottles full)




No comments:

Post a Comment