Friday, September 13, 2013

Day 27: Everything is Just Peachy

I'm pretty sure you can't tell what I am about to write about.  Peaches? How did you know?  Yes, today was a definite peachy kind of day.  I have had a bag of peaches kicking in my fridge for awhile and I wanted to try making some peach juice through the juicer!  Nummy, nummy!  So, I created a lovely concoction of 2 peaches (make sure the pit is out!), 2 small crab apples from yesterday's market, and 2 carrots.  Absolutely delicious!


Lots of people have been asking me if buying a juicer is worth it because they aren't cheap.  All I can say is that it is one of the best things for my lifestyle.  I'm not a huge fan of cooked vegetables nor just eating fruit on its own.  So prior to juicing, I was maybe getting in 1 or 2 servings of fruit and veg a day.  Not good.  This way I get it all in in one punch and it's delicious!  That being said, if you are a person the bought a Magic Bullet and used it for a week and never touched it again, or if you purchased a blender in the hopes that you would prepare smoothies every day and you didn't, then DO NOT spend the money on a juicer!!  You will not follow through with using it very often and thus, waste your money.  I use mine about 4-6 times a week.
One of the things that always bugged me about the juicer though, is the leftover pulp.  If I lived in a house I would use it to grow a garden, but alas, condo forbids that.  (In the meantime, Ryan has been placing it around our little trees in hopes to attract the rabbit friends....it has been working thus far. Hahaha!)  Today, though, I got ambitious and wanted to make some delicious baking with the pulp.  Now, you probably know by now that I am not a recipe follower, and it doesn't help when the recipes you do find have ingredients that you do not have in the house.  What did I do?  Created my own!  (Ps. peach cookies are hard to come by....)  Anyhow, the recipe is below and I just tasted one (or a few :P) and they are quite delicious!  That being said, I feel they are not super clean haha!  They have sugar and flour in them, but now that I have a base recipe, I can try new concoctions (using oatmeal, agave syrup, etc.)  Anyhow, they turned out sweet!
EDIT: I FORGOT. ADD 1 TSP OF BAKING POWDER!!


So today started off kind of rocky (but I shan't blame it on Friday the 13th.  It's my own stupidity.)  I had a mashup of vegan cupcake, cottage cheese, and walnuts for breakfast, followed by 3 cups of coffee, then heading to Stellas for lunch with my friend and hairstylist, Les.  There, instead of opting for a salad, I settled for a chicken burger (on a large delicious whole wheat bun) and cilantro dipping sauce for my hashbrowns.  Yep.  That was today.  What was supper you ask?  If I said my peach cookies, is that bad?  Just kidding, I also ate my leftover Taco Smashers.  Delicious! 

So yah, not the most stellar of days in my books, but I will not eat past 8:00 tonight.  (so...now.) because I feel so gross when I wake up after I eat late.  It shall be green tea and water for the remainder of the evening.  With that, I bid you adieu.

Date: September 13, 2013!
Current weight: 239

Goal for the day:  ballet practice
What is your plan for food today?
ugh. I don't want to talk about it...
Planned water intake: 108 oz (5 water bottles full)



No comments:

Post a Comment