Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Day 19: I Made YUM-mus!

It is so incredibly great to be home and in the kitchen.  I went grocery shopping today to make so many things, but then I remember that I cannot EAT all these things at once, so I need to slowly make things.  Today's concoction was Edamame Basil Hummus.  It was quite fantastic I have to say.  Ryan and I eat hummus like it's going out of style, but while it is good for us, it still quite high in calories, so for me, it is the quantity that I need to watch.


Mine does not look near as "green" as the one on the other blog, but then again I didn't use a food processor and I probably had more chickpeas than edamames.  Didn't matter, 'twas quite good.  In addition to that loveliness, I whipped up a batch of dill chicken so that I would have some for the next few days.  

Because we were in a rush to go out to the grocery shop, we decided to eat lunch and we decided on sushi.  Bad idea.  It was delicious (of course!) but omigod....I was so incredibly bloated for hours after that.  Uuuuuggggh.  I tried to make up for it by buying lots of fruits and veggies during the shopping trip.


WE WANT YOU! (to be healthy too!)


Last night I cooked up some trout on the BBQ and ate that alongside some leftover chili.  As you can see my meals are more of a mash-up than a standard 3 item dinner.  Meh, it's how I roll...I just need to watch my quantities now.  I have cut out most of the crap, I just need to minimize my portions so I am not sore-full.  In addition, the last few days have been rather sedentary as I catch up on photo editing from my little jaunt around the prairies.  
Date: September 4, 2013!

Current weight: 240 still

Goal for the day: go for a 30 minute walk!

What is your plan for food today?

B: oatmeal with protein powder and natural pb

L: sushi
 
S: almonds + laughing cow light cheese X2

Su: 1 dill chicken breast and half cup of Yummus with a few black bean chips

Planned water intake: 108 oz (5 water bottles full)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment