Saturday, August 31, 2013

Day 15: Row, Row, Row your boat...

This trip to Regina has been so physically exhausting...who knew?  Today I had the pleasure of joining my friend Bobbie and her work friends in the Dragon Boat race here in Regina.  It was great to see everyone, but also to do something so physically active that I know my body is going to feel it in the morning.


 That is one thing about me, regardless of my size I love healthy competition.  Especially in sports, I will go hard until I am about to puke if it means the difference between winning and losing.  It's like I become a frickin' olympian or something for that brief time that the competition is occurring.  Either way, it feel incredibly good and I am extremely grateful to Bobbie for asking me to join her today.  Otherwise I would have done nothing more than walked around taking pictures (and probably shopping :P).

So I started the day off with a good breakfast of 2 whole eggs and one egg white plus a pear!  I love pears and Ryan's mom had a few of them here at the house so I was so excited!  Sometimes it's the small things in life, right?


We had our first race at around 11:00 and it was a bit of a gong show, but whatevs, after that it was time for lunch, so I headed to Brewsters with Bobbie and her sister and her sister's boyfriend.  I perused the menu but came across something so amazing that I HAD to have it!  I was NOT disappointed:

Quinoa Sweet Potato Chili



I am going to attempt to make it at home, it was so spectacular and I could have eaten it for days.  So yummy and not too heavy as we had to head back to the race for our next heat.   This time we did a bit better which was good for our team's confidence.  

The last heat we were all feeling good and exhausted, but ready to really do it right this time.  So we were givin' her on the lake then all of a sudden we hear screams from our drummer and look up....we hit another boat in the race and dumped their steerer into the lake.  I have never laughed so hard.  God, it was funny, but also not t the same time.  Definitely an interesting turn of events for us.


Anyhow, we finished off the day around 5:00 pm at which time I came home, nibbled on some turkey pepperoni and 2 oz of cheese, headed out to grab stuff for my shop and came back and enjoyed a healthy salad.  But I think I didn't eat "enough" today for the amount of activity that I did because tonight I was super snacky and was tempted by the Root Beer in the fridge.  (Enough that I opened it and drank 2 sips before feeling like crap and setting the rest aside!)  But I was (and still am!) quite hungry feeling.  So next time I will need to have a few more smaller snacks earlier in the day and up my water intake a bit more.

But overall, today was great! I fit into a medium shirt (booyah!) and that of course is great for the self confidence, but more importantly I had a fantastic time being outside and getting wet in the boat!




Date: August 31, 2013!

Current weight: 240 (on Ryan's mommy's scale)

Goal for the day: Dragon boating!!!

What is your plan for food today?

B: 2 whole eggs, 1 egg white plus a piece of fruit

L: quinoa sweet potato chili

S: turkey pepperoni and cheese

Su: salad with spinach, turkey, fresh mozza, and light greek dressing

Planned water intake: 108 oz (5 water bottles full)




No comments:

Post a Comment