Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day 9: Shhhhhh

Don't make too many loud noises.  It was a late night last night, plus I may or may not have indulged in a bit of wine plus the consumption of a few shots after meeting up with an old friend from high school.
At weddings I shoot I definitely do not drink, but this one was a different kind of wedding. First off it was for my good friends, Nikki & Janz.  Secondly, we are in Clear Lake and everyone was extremely relaxed and the party got started early.  I was doing fine with a single glass of wine (as usual) but then Chris, my friend from school, offered to do a shot.


And well, you know how these things go and soon another guy in the wedding party bought me a shot.  So yes, I consumed my daily quantity of food in the form of beverages.  Though I played it safe (aside from the wine) and drank the hard liquor and to be fair I sweated so much during the day and during the reception I would be surprised if there was any alcohol left in my system.  But to be safe, I walked home (clocking more miles on my exercise! Yay!) and will have to trek back to my car this morning, thus ensuring I get my exercise in for the day!

The biggest obstacle for me when shooting weddings is a number of things (and any wedding photographer will say the same, I am sure)  #1: there is no schedule for breaks or eating.  There literally is no time in the day where I can grab a snack, make sure I pee, and drink a lot of water.  It's just not happening until the reception.  The reason being is that I get paid to capture moments....moments that happen when no one else is looking.  #2: No control over what is being served for dinner/late lunch/snacks.  For example, tonight was actually a stellar meal.  There was chicken (I asked for 2 half breasts), caesar salad, buns, carrots, broccoli, roast beef, gravy, potatoes, etc.  Cupcakes and dainties made up the dessert.  I did pretty good avoiding the sweet stuff (aside from the liquid stuff) and ate lots of chicken and salad and carrots.  I didn't even eat 1 bun!!  And despite the internal battle in my brain (thanks, wine!) I even forgoed the cupcakes!


What's going to happen today?  God only knows.  All I do know is that I need to pour copious amounts of caffeine down my throat before hitting the road to Swan River.


Date: August 26, 2013 Swan River drive time!

Current weight: No idea

Goal for the day: 35 minute walk ending with me getting my car

What is your plan for food today?

B: rice crackers with pb

S: peppers

L: I'm not sure, but I will have to pick it up in Swan River

S:peppers

Su: chicken salad

Planned water intake: 108 oz (5 water bottles full)





No comments:

Post a Comment