Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Just a Bit of Catch Up

Tonight's post will be relatively short and more so to play catch up!  First off, I took my measurements for the second time during this journey (why I waited until December to do the 1st ones, I am not sure...) and from December until now I am down 10.5".  Mind you, most of that has come off of my legs and hips instead of my midsection, but hey, I'll take it!


A lot of people are fearful of their "numbers" whether it be on the scale or the tape measure, but I can tell you that AFTER taking my measurements and seeing the progress thus far, I made it through the day more successfully than if I hadn't taken my measurements.  Sure it is scary, but you cannot know where you are going until you know where you have been!  So just knuckle down and do it.

I did go out for supper with my friend Darla, who is also on her own journey to achieving her ultimate self, so it was great to bond over that and we even talked about possibly getting together to do the Spartan Race in BC this year.  It seems like quite the lofty goal, but heck, who knows....for me it will be more a case of "Do I have the money?"


(Not the best choice, but it was freaking amazing!!  The cheese, however, did not bode so well afterwards :P)
This week as well, I have been getting up to go to the gym with Bobbie which has been good for both of us.  Definitely, if you are not a self motivated person (especially when it is absolutely frigid outside!) then it helps to have someone waiting for you at the other end.  The accountability is definitely there.

I have to say I have been feeling stronger these days and even though I will be missing my ballet lesson this week, I have been working on my positions and what not and I can definitely stand on my toes a lot longer without wobbling all over the place.  So perhaps the gracefulness is coming along!  I still have a ways to go, but I love the feeling of strength.  Nothing can beat it!

Anyhow, I just wanted to play a bit of catch up prior to me leaving for Seattle tomorrow morning!  I am so absolutely excited about meeting one of my photography idols and better yet, learning from her!  This will be one amazing weekend I am absolutely certain of that!
On a somewhat related note, last night we went out for Chinese food (of which I ate relatively well....lots of veggies and sauteed chicken) and the fortune I got at the end of the night could not have been more perfect for me at this point in my life:


One of my rules has always been to give everything ago, never say no to an opportunity just because you are scared.  Do what makes you happy and whatever happens, happens.  But talk to most people who follow their hearts, and they will tell you that the outcome is standardly for the best!
Goodnight, my friends and I shall report back once in the Seattle!

No comments:

Post a Comment