Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year, Healthy New Year!



Alright, so this is part confession, part remotivation.  The last few days I have been on the road with Ryan and I have to say, I have been slacking INCREDIBLY.  You probably already saw my attack of the gummies in my last confession post, but it gets worse.  You would think that I would have learned.  I know that I am craving sweets right now, but I am just crazily lazy to do anything willpower-y about it.  BUT NO MORE!  I am still going to be away from home for at least another 2 weeks, so I have to get this craziness under control.  One of the big factors of my lack of healthy eating, I believe, is also my lack of exercise.  Good news, though, since I am in Regina until the 8th, I will be going to the local gym every day for about an hour to make sure I keep up those habits.  I notice that when I work out I am more cautious with my eating, not wanting to undo everything I have just done.

Motivational Fitness Quotes Photo 6

Last night, I had the pleasure of ringing in the new year with Courtney & Danny at their awesome wedding and weddings are always dangerous for bad eating.  You witnessed my struggles in August, September and October.  Wedding days are incredibly busy, spread out, and not scheduled.  By now you would think I would learn, but it really is just the nature of the beast.  This time around I caved and I caved hard.  I had 2 pieces of pizza, a midnight lunch of crackers, meat, cheese, buns, cake, and Pepsi.  No wonder I feel hungover today.  Despite my lack of will power, however, it was an amazing day full of fun, laughter, and dancing!  I also got to see one of my best friends from Bowsman and it was absolutely fantastic to catch up.  I can't help but think that the way we ring in the New Year is kind of like foreshadowing for the upcoming year!  If that's the case, I am glad that I was working hard as a wedding photographer and spending time with the friends and family that mean the most to me.



So, what else am I going to do in the coming year to find my way back to ultimate health?  Well, once my ballet classes are done, I am going to enroll in Krav Maga or some sort of fighting class.  I absolutely miss the adrenaline rush of fighting in a ring and it's a little sick, but also I miss getting bruises and feeling sore from working hard to protect and defend myself.  Also, the conditioning classes are CRAZY!!  I miss feeling strong and like I can take on anyone and anything that comes at me.  It's about empowerment and strength.  I want that.  (Maybe my gracefulness from ballet will help me :P)

     So true. Find a workout that challenges you, but you love at the same time and you are more likely to stick with it.

Food wise, I really just need to think before I eat.  That is seriously the only thing that can help me.  I almost need to stop, wait 5 minutes, the decide if it's worth it.  That being said, I want to enjoy life, but I also want to bring my body to a better level of health.
Lately, I have been saddened and frustrated by how I look in pictures and I know that's kind of a vain thing, but its one reason that I am glad that I am a photographer, as I am usually not in the images.  Right now, I like to preview all the images other people have taken of me before posting them and I would just like to let go of all that fear and insecurity and be able to smile confidently.  That being said, bitching about this won't get me anywhere and I really just need to put my ass in gear and focus on what's truly important!
                                   Indeed.

I also want to use mantras more often.  I always tell my boyfriend that he only feels sick because he says over and over "Oooooohhhhh, I'm siiiiiick...." and that makes his cold/flu/fever last even longer, but when I get a cold I tell myself continually "I'm not sick. I'm not sick.  I am healthy. Etc." and it seems that my non-sicknesses last a day or 2 at most.  Mind over matter and all that jazz.  Whether or not you believe it is up to you, but I think the mind is one of the best healing tools.  Therefore, I am going to attempt to use mantras as a way of loving my body in the shape that it is.  I can walk, I can run, I am strong, I have the ability to consume food, etc.  I should not be hating on something that has been treating me more than fairly considering the stress I put on it.
                                                          Mantra

So, to all of those who have decided that 2014 will be the year that you embark upon the fitness/healthy lifestyle I urge you to follow mine as well!  We can help each other out and if you need to vent, chat, whatevs, feel free to drop me an email at: keyholephotography@hotmail.com or simply write in the comments or hit me upon Facebook.  Good support is incredibly important when embarking on a life changing adventure and I would like to help others as much as possible!

In the next few days, I will be writing a post on a recent book I read, regarding alkaline-rich diets and how beneficial they are to our lives!  In addition to that I want to wish everyone a happy and healthy new year and I hope that all of your dreams and goals do really happen for you.  Just remember that making the goals isn't the same as WORKING towards your goals! ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment