Monday, March 3, 2014

Dinosours Fighting in My Belly

Well, let me get this off my chest first.  I ate about 15 dinoSOUR gummies in the span of 10 minutes on Saturday.  I think they are still fighting in my intestines the way I have been feeling.
The funny thing was I was scouring my sister's kitchen for cookies, but she had the candy hidden in the cookie jar.  Either way it was sad.  In addition to that, Saturday was a carb-laden day and not the good kind.  There was not one vegetable ingested on Saturday.  I started with a white bagel with low fat cream cheese, then proceeded to go to Cora's with Ryan and have the sunshine panini crepe with a side of lots of fruit (oh good! More sugar!), then I went dress shopping with my bestie and didn't eat again until about 4:00 at which time Ryan and I stopped at Tim Hortons and I participated in a lemon poppyseed muffin and a cheese biscuit.  Follow me now to Cori's house where I was baby sitting and we had pizza and bread sticks for supper.  I may have also ingested a cranberry gingerale.  Needless to say, Saturday was the culmination of all the things I definitely should be eating in moderation if not at all.  That being said, it happened, it's over and now I have to deal with the consequences of my actions.

Today I started back at pilates as I have signed myself up for a 2Xweek, 4 week course with Heather, a holistic coach at the studio.  Monday and Wednesday we meet at 9:30 (which is good as it forces me out of bed earlier) and then we do a lot of core exercises (the proper way).  And how do I know if I am doing them properly?  First of all, there are only 3 people in this particular workshop so we have one on one attention and secondly I shake like crazy when performing the required activities.  The coolest part about this 4 week long workshop, however, is the nutritional advice provided at every class.  Last week we learned about inflammation and foods that reduce that (it will be separate blog post) and this week is all about immunity and repairing your immune system to help rid the body of free radicals (another blog post on that later!)  So, not only are they exercising my body, but also my knowledge and brain!  I love it!!  Plus I get a fun binder to put all my info in!!  If you are interested in attending any of these wellness courses, keep an eye on the Pilates Manitoba page or the Plus Size Fitness page as this is where they post upcoming events!




On another note, Ryan is working day shifts starting this month so this is a good opportunity for me to get my cooking on!  Tonight I made a delicious stirfry with lean ground bison, orange peppers, onions, celery, fennel seed, garlic, and a ginger beef sauce mix.  I also made lasagna for the first time last week and while it was delicious it is incredibly unhealthy!!  And yes, I know you can make it with eggplant but yuck.  



Lastly, today I was at the organic food store and stumbled upon what I may think to be the best find ever.  Coconut spread.  Yes, you heard right.  Coconut spread.  It can go on anything!!  It looks like Nutella but is amazing.  I may be behind the times on this, but if you also are just hearing about this now, check it out.  It is to die for!!


So yes, quite a bit of misbehaving these days, but hey, it's a new month which means a new gym membership and (hopefully!) warmer weather on the horizon!  


1 comment:

  1. hey teri! i've been following along with your journey...great job and keep it up! for your lasagna, you could try using thin slices of zucchini or butternut squash for a healthier lasagna adaptation instead of eggplant (I'm not a fan of the stuff either!)

    ReplyDelete