Thursday, March 6, 2014

Gettin' My Hair Did (and other fun stuff!)

 Yesterday I finally went and got my hair did and Les, as per usual, did a fabulous job and I am loving the new light layers.  Sometimes it just takes a bit of a change in things to "refresh" the motivation.



  I also went to Addition-Elle and bought some amazing bras and panties.  Perhaps that is too much information, but for those of you plus size ladies, get your butt in there!!  It is so nice to fit into a proper fitting brazier and feel more put together.  The Ashley Graham line right now is hugely discounted, so get in there and get sexified!  



I have been feeling really good about myself this last week and I think it has to do with me going to the gym, pilates, and ballet...essentially keeping active and getting out of the house more often than I did before.  What I am not feeling good about is the shitty weather outside, but enough people complain about that so I will leave you with a dreary picture and be done with it!!

Let's see what else, what else....oh yes!!  If you have been following the blog you know I like to toss a little bit of lemon into my water from time to time, but I came across this great recipe for an even more beneficial aquatic beverage.  It not only tastes good but includes the following fabulous benefits:

Detox Lemon Water
  • Lemon: Lemon water makes for a powerful detox drink; lemon juice helps to cleanse and alkalize the body. Add one thinly sliced lemon to a large pitcher, or squeeze fresh lemon juice into your glass. Lemon also aides in digestion and boosts your immune system.
  • Mint: Mint adds a touch of sweetness without the sugar, and it also helps settle your stomach and aids in digestion.
  • Cucumber: Adding a few slices of cucumber to your water makes for excellent re-hydration, and cucumber contains anti-inflammatory properties.

    Head to the website where I found this for a ton of Q&A information which is fantastic and will answer any questions that you have.  And to the people worried about the acid from the lemon on your teeth, well, you can't have everything ;)

If you are tired of drinking plain 'ol water, then this is a great alternative, but I still ensure to switch it up with plain water every second day.  It is super refreshing!!

In other news, I attended my first Plus-Size Pilates class at Pilates Manitoba and it was a lot of fun.  The 3 ladies that were in my class attend it frequently and are awesomely sarcastic which I thoroughly enjoy.  The instructor is also a great asset to the group because of the intimate setting and the limited movement of some of the ladies everyone does the same exercise, just in a way that suits them best.  For myself, I realized the importance of pulling myself up and being as tall as I can.  My posture is not as great as it could be so this is one of my goals.  I find that I now adjust myself when I am driving, at the computer, or even at the gym to ensure my core is engaged and my body parts aren't going to "what's easiest".  The funny thing is that I thought my legs were the strongest part of my body, but as I am going through pilates I am finding that my leg workouts are the hardest for my thighs, my hips, and movement.
"to achieve the highest accomplishments within the scope of our capabilities in all walks of life we must constantly strive to acquire strong, healthy bodies and develop our minds to the limit of our ability." ~ Joseph Pilates 
With that, I shall bid you adieu for the day!  Have a fabulous Thursday!



No comments:

Post a Comment