Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Stepping Out

I don't know about you, but I go into absolute hibernation mode with this cold and being self-employed from the home location I think it may be even worse.  It takes a lot of prying to get me away from the desk, into a pair of pants (ugh) and out into the fresh (but very chilly) air!  The worst part....interacting with humans....FACE TO FACE!!  Just kidding, not that horrible, but with winter it's just easier not to, you know?


Anyhow, Heather, my pilates coach for the workshop I was doing a few weeks ago, was hosting this awesome event at her home featuring delicious treats and snacks and the opportunity to learn more about health and how we can "fill the gaps."  I dragged Stephanie along with me because I knew she would like this kind of thing as well, so it was nice to spend time with her (and get her mind of dress shopping for awhile ;) )



During this fun little event we were introduced to Juice+ and the scientific facts and research are pretty cool, so I have decided to give it a go.  Essentially, Juice+ is pill or chewable form of food put into capsule form.  Definitely check out the website for more information as I probably won't do it justice, but the speaker we had was quite amazing!  Her story was not only inspirational, but she absolutely glowed!  Now, those of you that knew me prior to 2011, you knew me when I worked for the weight loss company and working there led me to become EXTREMELY leery of any sort of supplement, pill, or otherwise.  That being said, I think this is something I can totally get behind.  There is tons of research, they have been published in a number of journals and Juice+ is not meant to be the "magic" pill, but rather fill in the holes.  Sure, we say we will eat 5-7 servings of fruit and vegetables, but these days we actually need 9-13 servings to get the proper amount of nutrients....if you can do this, awesome, do it....but if you are like me and cringe at the thought of having to just peel an orange (#firstworldproblems) then having something to fill in parts of those servings sounds great.  Anyhow, I will give them a go and let you know how I do! :D


In other news, I went for my first massage EVER today!! This is something I have been putting off forever and was always of the mindset that "it will go away."  Well, unfortunately, I have excessive repetitive injuries to my right back/shoulder/arm thanks to my profession and finally decided to go and get it taken care of.


I went to Back in Motion which is pretty close to my house and had Camille as my therapist.  At first I was concerned as to the fact that I would have to sit still for 60 minutes, but it went VERY quickly and she immediately told me I would need to have more than 1 visit to get back to "square one" because of how long I left it (awesome.)  So, my next massage is next week.  At first I thought it was supposed to be relaxing, but unfortunately I have a lot to work out so it was slightly painful and we will see how I feel the next few days!  I feel good that I am doing this for my body...it deserves it.
~Love Yourself~ and be confident and be inspired by all that is around you. Look at what God has created. 
Also, I attempted to bypass Pilates today, but then I decided to do it and you know what, it was amazingly fun.  Tonight was the plus size fitness class and I must say, the ladies that show up there show extreme dedication and strength!  They are quite impressive and extremely cute when they make sarcastic remarks about the activities that we do.  The class is extremely small (today 3 people) so you get one on one attention to ensure you don't hurt yourself.  Amazing.
Lastly, I went to Costco and got groceries and I bought some stuff for Ryan (popcorn, snack fruit bars, etc.) and knew that I would stuff it in my face, so I decided to take it into my own hands and portioned everything out so that if I do want a "bad" snack, then I am limited....and I know that if I really wanted to tear into the little plastic baggy it wouldn't put up much of a fight, but it would make me stop the mindless eating and consider what I am doing.  I suggest this to everyone....do it as soon as you get your groceries home and before you put them away!


Oh. PS.  I am currently watching Food Matters on Netflix.  If anything I write about interests you, watch it.  You will not be disappointed.  You be shocked, saddened, frustrated, and hopeful at the same time.
And check out Day 1 of my challenge!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment