Friday, October 25, 2013

What's the Damage?

Up 5lbs to be exact.  #sadface.  We have arrived home from our lovely week long stint in the beautiful British Columbia and I knew the results were not going to be pretty.  How could they be?  Some days I ate bread X 6 pieces in a day.  It was just....bad.  The trip itself, however? AMAZING!
   Traveling is a bit of  a tricky spot when it comes to clean eating and being healthy.  When we attended restaurants it is always more satisfying to get a hunk of meat with sweet potato fries or cheesy risotto than the thought of ordering a salad (though the one time I DID order a salad, it was amazing!)  I just have to get over the thought that salads are boring, because standardly when they come from a restaurant they are quite delightful.
So many of the restaurants in Vancouver know how to do breakfast in an amazing way, but usually that consisted of at least 1 slice of sourdough bread.  Sure, I could have asked for no bread, but where is the fun in that?  Especially when I see the cushy lovely bread on Ryan's plate.


Also, I drank a lot of coffee.  It was cool, chilly weather so coffee hit the spot.  Thankfully, I have always been the type to drink black coffee so I don't need to worry about the cream or sugar, but I still know that it impedes my digestive system.
Let's see...other things that were consumed on the trip, in no particular order:
Cookies
chocolate
salmon
cheese
cream cheese
bread
bread
bread
sweet potato fries
creamy sauces
lobster and crab risotto
fish
scallops
potatoes
candy
cake...oh, so much cake








 In addition to eating though, we did a lot of walking and biking which probably helped keep the weight at bay.  I love BC so much, it seriously is one of the most beautiful places on earth and it will inspire me endlessly for my photography.  I could get lost in any of the woods in there and be transported to such a magical place!  I love it!













It was certainly a rewarding trip for me.  The driving and the ferry rides gave me time to think about myself, what I want for my business, what I need for my business, and what I need to do for my soul.  This trip was supposed to be sort of a celebratory trip for my 30th birthday and I think it encapsulated everything that I love: family, nature, photography, and time to me.  It was absolutely perfect.  Check out my http://keyholephotographyanddesign.blogspot.ca/ to see the ACTUAL images from the trip.  They aren't up there yet, but will be by the end of the weekend :D!

Date: October 24, 2013!
Current weight: 242
Goal for the day: get my ass to the gym
What is your plan for food today? 
cottage cheese with walnuts and cinnamon
snack: turkey peppette
lunch: salad
supper: asian chicken and noodles (Supper Central Meal)
Planned water intake: 108 oz (5 water bottles full)

No comments:

Post a Comment