Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What the fennel?

Today I leave for BC which I am SOOOOO excited about.  Not only do I get to visit one of the most beautiful provinces in Canada, but I also get to meet up with family that I have not seen for awhile!  It should be an awesomely good time, but of course traveling usually means a bit of a difficulty in keeping it together "health wise."  I shall try my best.

  In fact, this morning I started the day off by juicing fennel.  Do you know what fennel is?  When I first saw it I thought it was an onion type device, however, I had fennel-pear juice and it has the taste of black licorice~ yum!!  It is also loaded with a ton of healthy properties and you can check some of them out here at this website:

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=23

    (the juice in the picture in the book is the cabbage one, hence the color difference in beverages)

It was kind of funny though, my mind had a hard time getting over the "it's an onion" thought and even though the drink tastes sweet and good, I gagged a bit.  So weird.  Stupid mind.  Anyhow, I'm sure I will get over it.  I would also like to try to use it in other foods as well, but that will have to wait until next week when I am back in Winnipeg!

In other news I finally got my hair cut and BOOM! I got bangs!  It has been a few years since the last time I had bangs, but myself and my hairdresser discussed it and if I was interested now was the time to do it.  Fall/winter is the best time for bangs (especially curly hair that needs to be straightened) as there is less humidity.  There is just something about getting your hair did that makes a lady stand up taller, walk a little peppier, and buy new clothes/makeup to complete the change!


I love it! Yay!  Will I love the bang straightening every day? Probably not, but change is good and it will make me do more with my hair than just let it go wild. 
Here's a little picture to show the difference :P
 
Oh yes.  And I removed half of my eyebrows and had them shaped which was lovely and now I can SEE!!

Date: October 16, 2013!
Current weight: 240
Goal for the day: lifting luggage and bopping around Vancouver!
What is your plan for food today? 
Fennel-pear juice, Stella's lunch (salmon maybe...or veggie burger) after that, who knows.....
Planned water intake: 108 oz (5 water bottles full)




No comments:

Post a Comment