Sunday, May 11, 2014

Catching Up

So, it's been about a week since my last blog post and it isn't because I have been dreading telling you my sinful ways of shoving sugar into my mouth hole, but rather it is because I have been busy traveling to Regina, enjoying the beautiful weather, and hanging out with my family and friends.  My life is picking up (as I expected) and I have to get things under control, eating consistently, drinking enough water, and taking my supplements regularly.

While in Regina, we stayed at Ryan's parents house, but alas, his mom was not there to cook for us, so there were a plethora of restaurant meals.  Luckily, my friend Bobbie cooked a delicious healthy meal for us one night and Ryan and I finally BBQ'd some turkey burgers.  I do have to say, though, that there were a few days where I consumed almost a whole loaf of bread to myself....2 pieces of toast in the morning, a sandwich for lunch, and then garlic bread with supper....YIKES!  Let me tell you, as soon as I got home I loaded my fridge with greens and fruit.  I couldn't get enough! 


How happy is everyone to be seeing and feeling the sun??!!  Seriously, I was so happy yesterday and I even got a bit of a tan (I know, I know, the sun is bad, yadayada...but I like it!)  Yesterday we spent the day at my sister's celebrating Jeff's 30th birthday party and I did, sadly, consume large quantities of not so good food.  But hey, it was a party.  I also decided not to drink because I would rather eat some desserts hahaha!
This is a dessert my sister whipped up...looks healthy because of the apples, but the middle is cream cheese, toffee sauce, Skor bits, and chocolate chips.  It was very addicting.


Earlier in that day, I attended a Steeped Tea Party hosted by my old friend, Tenniel at my best friend, Stephanie's condo!  We got to taste some delicious teas and there is SO much variety!  I ended up ordering a mint julip tea after reading that spearmint tea can help with hirsutism (excessive hair growth caused by increased androgens...one of the symptoms of PCOS).  Apparently, 2 cups of spearmint tea a day over a period of 3-6 months can drastically reduce the amount of androgen production.  You can read a bit about it here.  In this particular study, it states within 5 days you will notice a difference, so I am excited to see how it works or if it works at all!



I ordered a bunch of new books from Amazon in regards to PCOS and am slowly making my way through them.  They are, however, quite interesting reads and if anyone wants to borrow them when I am done, just shoot me an email!  In addition to the books, I have also stumbled upon a few other gold mines about PCOS information, one of them being a great blog dedicated to PCOS!  There is great diet info, meal plans, and scientific knowledge that is written in an easy to understand manner.  If you are intrigued to learn more about PCOS check out that blog!


I will admit that my exercise has been lacking significantly the last 2 weeks and yes, I have made extreme excuses, but to be honest, I just cannot pull myself out of bed to get my ass to gym any more.  I just need to do it.  I swear to God, if I could get healthy by thinking about being active, that'd be stellar.  Some days I just feel like a slug.  Now that it is nice out, I have absolutely no excuses.  
While I was out in Regina, however, Ryan and I did go on a bit of an adventure to Moose Jaw where we spent the day touring the tunnels and kicking it at the mineral spa.  It was super relaxing and a great way to enjoy spending time with my lova! 


Anyhow, I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend, enjoying the weather and celebrating Mother's Day and their mom-like figures!  Catch up with you soon :D


No comments:

Post a Comment